3 weeks into tsw/mw

3 weeks into tsw/mw
this is the side/underneath of my boob, my thighs and my arm x

Monday 4 August 2014

things that have actually helped the most

Through all of this I have had three things that have had a big impact in helping me
1. Immunos - cyclosporin not a good thing to be on especially long term and the side effects (skin cancers, liver damage, kidney damage) to name a few shouldn't be taken lightly its definitely a drug to weigh up the pros n cons off before you start but if you are severe and willing try anything id recommend,  you get checked regularly while on them, blood tests etc
They took about 6ish weeks to kick in properly I started on 125mg im now on 75mg and doing so good im going to 50mg

2. 50/50 emollient, I found moisturiser left my skin alot more tearable than the 50/50 did I also melted in in my baths on the days I couldnt have a bleach bath.
This emollient is the only one I have been able to use regularly I started off applying 2/3 times a day and i slathered it on now I use it every other day and only one application and a very thin layer

3. Bleach baths- fab to stop Infection,   half a cup of normal household unscented bleach in a full bath soak for 20 mins then rinse off,  I did this 3 times a week when I was at my worst I now do it once a week purely just as a precaution to stop any type of infection.  If its your child thats suffering I would say try the bath yourself first just so you can see ot doesn't burn or sting
I think the key to this is make sure you rinse off and apply the emollient as soon as you get out this stops any drying effect the bleach can have

No comments:

Post a Comment