3 weeks into tsw/mw

3 weeks into tsw/mw
this is the side/underneath of my boob, my thighs and my arm x

Monday 23 March 2015

update part 1 hospital again and again

Well not long after my August post I ended up back in hospital I felt myself going downhill fast so went docs and was admitted straight to hospital where I spent another week on fluids and antibiotics for sepsis luckily not as bad as the First time,
Turns out it wasn't the immunos helping it was the steroid injection they had given me when I was first admitted with septic shock as the reason I went down hill so fast was a rebound from the kenalog leaving my system
After the fluids and antibiotics I felt better but my skin was back to red weepy and sore
I also developed a lump at the site of the kenalog  injection I mentioned it to my dermatologist who decided to request a scan
on the 21st September while still waiting for my scan appointment my lump started getting even bigger and very tender but it was my daughters birthday so I tried to ignore it later on that night I was in so much pain I rang the out of hours doctors and they asked me to go hospital to get it checked
The doc took one look at it and sent me to the surgical ward for assessment turns out the injection site had caused a massive abscess they kept me in and said I would have surgery to drain it the next day
The doc came round the next morning and said they want to try get my infection markers down before surgery so they were going to give me a double hit of iv antibiotics and move me to my own room about an hour after my iv antibiotics had been administered I was moved into my own room and started itching like a mad woman and my skin was turning purple so I buzzed for a nurse and she came in and called the doc he said to get me iv antihistamines and a hydrocortisone injection I said no steroids I rebound badly from them so they agreed to just antihistamines no sooner had these been hooked up I started to vomit the nurse got me a pan to be sick in and left at this point I was sat at the end of the bed with a pan in one hand and the buzzer luckily in my other hand as I started struggling to breath I pressed the buzzer again n the nurse came in I managed to say can't breath before it all went crazy I couldn't talk couldn't move just slumped over I remember being quite calm and thinking this is it I'm dying and it didn't panic me at all then I was thrown back on the bed which had been lowered into the crash position had oxygen up my nose and was hooked up to a heart monitor I heard the doc say get me that hydrocortisone my heart rate wouldn't stable it was up and down like a yo yo and I started shaking uncontrollably I wasn't getting enough oxygen so they changed me over to the big face mask and really pumped it up it took them a good while and a few more injections to stabilise me but eventually everything calmed down they decided to put off my operation for another day and took some bloods instead, but not long after the doc came round and said they had changed there mind I was going down for my op that day as my infection markers were sky high and there was a real chance of the abscess causing blood poisoning if it wasn't dealt with
So off I went down to theatre to be put asleep the surgery took a good few hours but at last the lump
was gone along with the pain. I was kept in and monitored closely as I developed mrsa so was still in my own room and was given my own toilet room to use I felt like a leper haha finally 9 days later I was allowed home but had to go docs everyday for the next week to have my dressing changed on my wound as they left it open to heal from the inside out they did a good job
Oh I also decided stop the immunos as once the kenalog was out my system it turned out they weren't keeping my skin under control at all

No comments:

Post a Comment